Sunday, May 26, 2013

Start Me Up!

Tomorrow is orientation, finally.  The waiting, as Tom Petty would say, is the hardest part.  While I've been waiting for this whole deal to start, I've been trying to keep busy.  Managed to finish blackjack class and moved on to learning craps.  I thought that would be a good idea, but it turns out there's a lot to remember in dealing craps, especially in terms of mathematics and formulas to make life easier for payoffs.  There are a lot of formulas.  A LOT.  After a couple of days of learning the mechanics of dealing craps we moved on to learning these formulas, and I quickly realized that attempting to learn all of that information might compromise my need to concentrate on remembering all the stuff I need to for poker, so I throttled back on that.  At least the waiting is over now.

Time to put the penguin suit on and get to work!

1 comment:

  1. If you're going fly fishing, the wading is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete